2nd Year German II
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
GER 201 or four years of high school German.
Continues with the development of reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. Focuses on the concepts of adjectives used as nouns, the simple past tense, past perfect tense, expressing wishes and expectations, the future tense, relative clauses, negations using nicht, noch nicht, noch kein(e), and nicht mehr, verbs with fixed prepositions, da- and wo- compounds, and the subjunctive.
1. Comprehend spoken German using vocabulary presented during this class and vocabulary relating to the student’s personal interests.
2. Translate sentences from German to English and vice versa.
3. Use the simple past tense in context.
4. Use the subjunctive as a way of expressing unreal situations or desires.
5. Use the pluperfect.
6. Write personalized sentences in German using the vocabulary learned in class.
7. Discuss job opportunities, applying for jobs and finances in German.
8. Locate and identify cities and Bundesländer in Germany (and perhaps in Austria and Switzerland).
9. Improve reading comprehension.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Arts and Letters
- Cultural Literacy