2nd Year German III
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
GER 202 or four years of high school German.
Continues with the development of reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. Focuses on the concepts of subjunctive I and II, expressing opinions, indirect discourse in present and past subjunctive I, the passive voice and the impersonal use of “man”, present participles, review of GER 202 grammar and vocabulary.
1. Comprehend spoken German using vocabulary presented during this class and vocabulary relating to the student’s personal interests.
2. Translate sentences from German to English and vice versa.
3. Recognize the use of indirect speech (Subjuctive I).
4. Use the passive voice, perfect and imperfect tenses, and subjunctive II.
5. Debate and discuss cultural and world issues in German.
6. Write personalized sentences in German using the vocabulary learned in class.
7. Be familiar with German Television and Film.
8. Locate and identify cities and Bundesländer in Germany (and perhaps in Austria and Switzerland).
General education/Related instruction lists
- Arts and Letters
- Cultural Literacy