HHP 242 : Stress Management
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
WR 065 or higher.
Helps students develop a comprehensive approach to the management of stress. Examines the historical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, psychological and physiological foundations of the stress concept. This broad understanding of stress will be the basis for the study of the role that stress plays in health and disease. Students will experiment with a wide variety of stress management and relaxation techniques.
1. Understand chronic health risks and how to implement holistic, lifestyle behavior change to
2. Enhance personal and community-wide safety, health and fitness.
3. Define the concept of stress, stressor, distress, eustress, coping and cognitive appraisal.
4. Identify different coping mechanisms used to manage stress.
5. Describe the relationship between the emotional, intellectual, social, and spiritual dimensions of wellness and stress level.
6. Summarize the research regarding the history and current understanding of the concept of stress.
7. Describe the physiological and psychological effects of stress on human physiology.
8. Recognize the impact that stress plays in health and disease.
9. Identify the unique stressors that develop throughout the lifespan from infancy to old age.
10. Perform appropriate stress management techniques for various stressors.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Foundational Skills/Health