Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
WR 65 or higher.
Looks beyond health risk factors to broader wellness dimensions (i.e. mental, emotional, spiritual, environmental, cultural financial). Conventional alternative paradigms of chronic disease causes plus modalities for healing will be explored through the role of our minds, environment, relationships, spirituality, social support.
Course learning outcomes
1. Understand chronic health risks and how to implement holistic lifestyle behavior change to enhance personal and community-wide safety, health, and fitness.
2. Understand the evolution of the biomedical and other current health paradigms.
3. Describe wellness from a holistic perspective, including the relationship between the physical, emotional, intellectual, social, spiritual and environmental dimensions of wellness.
4. Describe the function of the immune system and how it affects overall wellness.
5. Understand current health research regarding the body-mind connection.
6. Identify the role that lifestyle plays on health and chronic disease.
7. Describe how current and past American culture affects the evolution of academic research and support within various areas of health and medicine.
8. Discern valid and reliable health and wellness research and information.
9. Describe alternative and complementary forms of medicine and healing and what current research supports.
General education/Related instruction lists