Whitewater Rafting I
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Provides introduction to whitewater rafting.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of Whitewater Rafting to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sport activities.
3. Demonstrate clothing choices that will keep a person safe and comfortable in a cold-water environment.
4. Promote, demonstrate, and participate in the “leave no trace” philosophy.
5. Write and carry out safe whitewater raft day-trip plans as well as emergency plans.
6. Demonstrate and teach proper team paddling dynamics for various water conditions and situations.
Intro to Rafting I
Wilderness training and equipment tour
Practice session in boat guiding
River rescue session
Raft guiding practice and river running
Whitewater practice and rafting
Rafts and pfd’s are provided by the school.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists