HHPA 112 : Beginning Mountain Biking
Beginning Mountain Biking
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduction to mountain biking which will include local trail systems.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of strength training to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sport activities.
3. Demonstrate fundamentals of mountain bike techniques (balance, shifting, and braking).
4. Demonstrate and share our regional trail riding etiquette.
5. Demonstrate basic bicycle maintenance skills.
Intro to Mountain Biking
Body Position for different terrains
Shifting gear drills
Cadence and braking effectively
Changing a flat tire
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Foundational Skills/Health