HHPA 114 : Intermediate Mountain Biking
Intermediate Mountain Biking
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Designed to build upon fundamental mountain bike skills. Trail etiquette and basic nutrition will be reviewed. Introduces intermediate bike maintenance and advanced riding techniques. Rides will take place on local trails. Previous mountain biking experience is necessary.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in intermediate mountain biking skills development and safety practices.
3. Demonstrate intermediate mountain bike techniques (obstacle riding, speed control, steep descents).
4. Demonstrate and share our regional trail riding etiquette.
5. Demonstrate intermediate bicycle maintenance techniques.
Intro to intermediate mountain biking
Tracking of rides
Practice and endurance
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Foundational Skills/Health