HHPA 120 : Tai Chi/Qigong
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduces the basic techniques of Tai Chi Yang style simplified form and three Qigong exercises, as well as theories and concepts for better health and relaxation through meditation in movement. Can accommodate all levels.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skills development, safety practices and fundamentals of Tai Chi to develop overall physical and mental fitness and enhance daily life activities (sports, movement, focus, balance, awareness).
3. Demonstrate the Yang-style 24 movement Tai Chi short form.
4. Demonstrate a basic understanding of the principles and benefits of chi cultivation and the ability to articulate/ demonstrate their personal experience with these phenomena.
Intro to Tai Chi
History of Tai chi
Tai Chi Chuan practices
Qi Gong practices
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Foundational Skills/Health