Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Modification and additional variation in postures for students wanting a more challenging practice, using a blend of different yoga styles. Appropriate for all levels.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of yoga to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sport activities.
3. Demonstrate techniques used to enhance flexibility and muscular endurance.
4. Develop a mind-body dialogue through breathing techniques, flowing postures, and meditation.
• Introduction to yoga -all levels
• Prepare for the traditional sun salutation with additional ujjayai breath and guided 3 Part yogic breathing (Dirga Pranayama
• Flowing review of yoga movements from ashtanga A and B sun salutations plus beginning to explore the ashtanga sushumna, ida and pingala yog channels
• Bikram practice of 26 poses
• Restorative yin flow using bolsters and sandbags
• Big ball stretching review
• Contemplative flow yoga
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists