Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
High-intensity, physically demanding activity class geared toward improving overall physical fitness in a supportive team atmosphere. Various forms of games, skills, exercises, and activities will be used to improve weakness areas as well as further enhance areas in which the student already excels physically. All levels welcome but a positive, can-do attitude is a must.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of the total fitness to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sport activities.
3. Create and implement an organized game that enhances cardiovascular fitness.
5. Apply acquired knowledge from class activity into personal exercise sessions.
6. Demonstrate the ability to work to your potential while preventing injury.
Intro to total fitness and discuss total fit laws
Pacing, recovery and core strength
Ball handling skills, passing drill
Intervals, hills; passing drills, 3 on 3 play, victories
Obstacle course, drills, 5 on 5 play
Stairs prep and plyometrics
No textbook or materials are required. Students should come to class dressed in clothing appropriate to the activity and for courses offered outside, for the weather.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists