Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Focuses on improving running economy and cardiovascular fitness through various running-related activities. Students will run at both on and off campus sites. Runners of all levels welcome.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of running to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sport activities.
3. Implement SMART goal setting to achieve desired fitness/performance results.
4. Set up a safe, realistic, and effective training program for running with a goal of reaching individual running goals.
5. Demonstrate various running techniques for diverse terrains/conditions (road, dirt, mud, uphills, flats, downhills, track, environmental extremes, varying distances, races, etc).
Intro to jogging
SMART goals and pre-testing
Running Injury prevention
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists