HHPA 133 : Ski Conditioning-Nordic
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
An outdoor/indoor conditioning class for all levels of Nordic skiers. Goal of the class is to provide ski-specific cardiovascular fitness and muscular strength as well as improving Nordic ski technique. Various ski-specific drills and exercises will be used in a fun group atmosphere.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of nordic skiing to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sport activities.
3. Effectively use SMART goal setting to design and implement individual ski performance goals.
4. Apply appropriate training fundamentals to the development of nordic ski-specific training plans based upon individual performance goals.
5. Demonstrate safe and effective exercises that improve cardiovascular fitness or ski-specific muscular strength.
Intro to ski conditioning
Cardiovascular exercises (some ski-specific)
Ski-specific strength drills
Creation of personal fitness plan
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Foundational Skills/Health