Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Traditional circuit training class for total body conditioning that includes interval training via different apparatuses and core circuit training using various forms of equipment. Emphasizes improvement in both core strength and cardiovascular fitness. Appropriate for all levels of fitness and exercise experience.
Course learning outcomes
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of circuit training to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sport activities.
3. Effectively use SMART goals based on your personal vision of wellness including: physical activity, nutrition, positive self-image.
4. Develop apply basic training principles based on individual fitness goals.
5. Develop and articulate a well-rounded fitness program.
6. Demonstrate safe and effective exercises used to enhance cardiovascular fitness and muscular strength, especially core strength.
Introduction to circuit training
Weight room orientation
Exercise technique, safety, fitness testing
Techniques when hitting a plateau
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
General education/Related instruction lists