HHPA 135 : Cycling: Studio
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduces indoor studio cycling skills to all fitness and experience level of cyclists. Emphasizes proper form and designed to provide a fun mode of enhancing cardiovascular fitness in a group setting.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of studio cycling to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sport activities.
3. Effectively use SMART goal setting to identify appropriate fitness goals.
4. Calculate personal target heart rate zones and based on these zones, correctly identify the proper intensity to use during cycling in order to improve cardiovascular fitness.
5. Demonstrate various studio cycling techniques such as sitting and standing stances, slide technique, triple and double pedaling, and left/right leg leads.
6. Identify signs and symptoms of overtraining and provide ways in which overtraining can be prevented.
Introduction to studio cycling
Cycling /speed work
No textbook or materials are required. Students should come to class dressed in clothing appropriate to the activity and for courses offered outside, for the weather.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Foundational Skills/Health