HHPA 136 : Boot Camp
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduction to exercises that improve cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength and flexibility in a supportive team atmosphere. Utilizes interval training, core strength, plyometrics, running, games and weights and is appropriate for all levels of fitness and experience.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Demonstrate skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of Women's Bootcamp to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sport activities.
3. Develop SMART goals based on a personal vision of wellness which includes: physical activity, nutrition, and positive self-image.
4. Demonstrate safe and effective forms of cardiovascular, strength, and flexibility exercises necessary in order to improve overall physical fitness.
5. Articulate basic training principals and their application to achieving fitness goals.
Introduction to boot camp
SMART goals and equipment demonstration
Pre-fitness testing and physiology testing
Final fitness testing and SMART goals review
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Foundational Skills/Health