Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduces the martial art of Ki Aikido, a form of self-defense and non-fighting to all levels of experience in Ki Aikido. It is based upon coordination of mind and body, not only in throwing, but also in the art of falling (ukemi).
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of Ki Aikido to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sport activities.
3. Define the four basic principles for coordination of mind and body.
4. Demonstrate concentration using mind and body coordination.
5. Define five basic principles of Shin Shin Toitsu Aikido.
6. Articulate how to apply Ki Aikido to life situations.
7. Demonstrate simple Ki Aikido arts and techniques.
Intro to Ki-Aikido
Learn the 4 basic principles for coordination of mind and body.
Perform using mind and body coordination.
Learn the 5 basic principles of Shin Shin Toitsu Aikido.
Applying Ki-Aikido to life situations.
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists