Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
This activity class teaches all the fundamental skills and rules of basketball to all levels of basketball players. There will be an emphasis on team play.
Course learning outcomes
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of basketball to develop physical fitness and enhance sports activities.
3. Develop SMART goals based on your personal vision of wellness which includes: exercise, nutrition, basic fitness components and positive self-image.
4. Apply basic training principles to help achieve individual fitness goals.
5. Demonstrate basic basketball skills (dribbling, passing, shooting) performed while playing various offensive and defensive positions of basketball.
6. Articulate the rules of the game of basketball.
7. Articulate a well-rounded fitness program.
- Lay-up and passing skills, handling skills, rebounding skills
- Shooting skills
- Conditioning skills
- Skill-building games
- Full-court games
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
General education/Related instruction lists