Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Focuses on fundamental skill development and team play for all levels of soccer players.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of soccer to develop physical fitness and enhance sports activities.
3. Develop SMART goals based on your personal vision of wellness which includes: physical activity, nutrition, and positive self-image.
4. Demonstrate appropriate soccer skills for effective play on various defensive and offensive positions including kicking, heading, dribbling, passing, and controlling the ball.
5. Articulate basic training principles based on individual fitness goals.
6. Summarize a well-rounded fitness program.
Introduction of soccer
Ball work drills
Throw in drills
Corner kick drills
Free kicks drills
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists