HHPA 146 : Tennis I
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Focuses on skill development for beginning tennis players. Students will learn through various drills and court games.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skill development, safety practices, and fundamentals of tennis to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sport activities.
3. Develop perspective in the fundamental concepts of tennis: rules, the court, equipment needed, scoring and tennis etiquette.
4. Summarize the basic skills of singles and doubles tennis play.
Intro to Tennis I
Serves/Placement of return of serves
Round Robin Play w/ strategy
Lob and Overhead Drills
Down the Line/Cross court drills
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Foundational Skills/Health