HHPA 147 : Tennis II
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Geared toward students with intermediate or advanced tennis skills. Students will work towards improving current tennis skill level and strategy by means of practice as well as feedback from the instructor.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skill development, safety practices, and fundamentals of tennis to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sport activities.
3. Develop perspective of intermediate and advanced concepts of tennis: rules, the court, equipment needed, scoring and tennis etiquette.
4. Summarize intermediate and advanced skills of singles and doubles tennis play.
Intro to Tennis II
Serves/Placement of return of serves
Round Robin Play w/ strategy
Round Robin Play w/ strategy and poaching
Lob and Overhead Drills, Etiquette
Down the Line/Cross court drills
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Foundational Skills/Health