HHPA 148 : Volleyball-All Levels
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Focuses on fundamental volleyball skill development and team play for beginning students and continuing students who want to enhance their skill level.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of volleyball to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sports activities.
3. Demonstrate skills necessary to play the game of volleyball
4. Articulate the rules and concepts of the game of volleyball.
5. Act as a team player by demonstrating the value of communication and team work.
Intro to Volleyball All Levels
Strategies of hitting, serving and game playing
Down ball vs. setting drills
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Foundational Skills/Health