Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Focuses on fundamental volleyball skill development and team play for beginning students and continuing students who want to enhance their skill level.
Course learning outcomes
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of volleyball to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sports activities.
3. Demonstrate skills necessary to play the game of volleyball.
4. Articulate the rules and concepts of the game of volleyball.
5. Act as a team player by demonstrating the value of communication and team work.
- Passing drills
- Setting drills
- Hitting drills
- Serving drills
- Blocking drills
- Strategies of hitting, serving and game playing
- Down ball vs. setting drills
- Defense drills
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
General education/Related instruction lists