HHPA 153 : Aerobic Dance-Hip Hop
Aerobic Dance-Hip Hop
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Explains the growing awareness of hip hop as a mind-body, dance-style aerobic movement. Includes choreographed moves with each class and building upon each other as a sequenced routine.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of hip hop dance to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sport activities.
3. List the four elements of Hip Hop and explain the history of each.
4. Increase student’s ability to memorize and retain different steps and hip-hop moves.
Introduction to Hip Hop
Exam History of Hip Hop
Learn, perform and review eight dance sequences
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Foundational Skills/Health