HHPA 159 : Barre Body
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Combines ballet Pilates fundamentals with motivating music to improve fitness through use of ballet or body barres. This low-impact class is ideal for all fitness levels without traditional gym equipment. Muscles are engaged in strategic patterns that intermix small isometric movements with greater range of motion working toward a defined physique.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Safely engage in bodily skill development by using the elementals of ballet and the fundamentals of Pilates to develop overall physical fitness and enhance muscle strength.
3. Set S.M.A.R.T. goals based on your personal vision of wellness, which includes: exercise, nutrition, basic fitness components and positive self-image.
4. Demonstrate the elementals of ballet and fundamentals of Pilates.
Establish fitness testing
S.M.A.R.T. Goal setting
Target Heart Rate Zone Determination
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Foundational Skills/Health