HHPA 170 : Snowboarding I
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
For beginning snowboarders. Students will learn the fundamentals of snowboarding with qualified instructors. Equipment must be provided by the student.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of snowboarding to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sports activities.
3. Explain the skier / snowboarder student code and practice it while in class and anytime skiing or snowboarding.
4. Demonstrate basic snow board techniques over varied terrain.
Introduction of Snowboarding I and equipment
Mountain safety and terrain tactics
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Foundational Skills/Health