Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
For intermediate to advanced snowboarders. Students will be provided instruction to enhance their current skill level in snowboarding. Equipment must be provided by the student.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of snowboarding to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sports activities.
3. Explain the skier/snowboarder responsibility code and practice it throughout class and anytime skiing or snowboarding.
5. Develop primarily intermediate and a few advance skills for Snowboarding.
6. Demonstrate appropriate snowboarding skills necessary to successfully and safely navigate varied terrain.
Introduction of Snowboarding II and equipment
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists