Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Focuses on freestyle techniques for advanced riders. Emphasis of instruction is on freestyle maneuvers, including straight airs, 180's, and straight airs with grabs, as well as etiquette when riding in the half-pipe, slope-style facilities and natural freestyle terrain. Equipment must be provided by the student.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of snowboarding to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sports activities.
3. Summarize the skier/snowboarder responsibility code and practice it throughout the class and anytime skiing or snowboarding.
5. Develop a core of fundamental freestyle skills.
6. Explain progressions as they relate to freestyle skill development.
Introduction of Snowboarding III and equipment
Mountain safety and terrain tactics
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists