HHPA 178 : Ski Alpine I
Ski Alpine I
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Designed for beginning downhill skiers. Learn the fundamentals of skiing with qualified instructors. Equipment must be provided by the student.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of alpine skiing to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sport activities.
3. Practice the skier/snowboarder responsibility code throughout the class and whenever skiing.
4. Demonstrate proper techniques used to safely navigate varied terrain.
Introduction of Ski Alpine I and equipment
Mountain safety and terrain tactics
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Foundational Skills/Health