HHPA 179 : Ski Alpine II
Ski Alpine II
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Designed for intermediate to advanced alpine skiers. Provides instruction to enhance current ski skill level. Equipment, including helmet, must be provided by the student.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of skiing to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sports activities.
3. Explain the skier / snowboarder student code and practice it while in class and anytime skiing or snowboarding.
4. Demonstrate moderate to advanced ski techniques over varied terrain.
Introduction of Ski Alpine II and equipment
Mountain safety and terrain tactics
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Foundational Skills/Health