HHPA 182 : Tae Kwon Do
Tae Kwon Do
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
A martial art form that if properly performed, improves cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength, and flexibility. Instruction includes techniques of self-defense, proper Tae Kwon Do etiquette, and a cultural introduction of Dojang.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of Tae Kwon Do to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sport activities.
3. Improve cardiovascular fitness, muscular endurance, and flexibility.
4. Recite the rules and etiquette of the Dojang.
5. Explain the impact of Korean culture on martial arts history.
6. Apply self defense techniques in relation to a variety of situations.
7. Recite the Student Creed and explain the benefits of applying them to everyday life.
Intro to tae kwon do
Blocks, stances, kick drills
Sparring introduction and strategies
Self defense activities
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists