HHPA 184 : ZUMBA
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
ZUMBA dance fitness fuses hypnotic rhythms and easy-to-follow moves to create a dynamic fitness program. This course is designed to include cardiovascular strengthening, muscle toning with resistance and movements to enhance flexibility and balance.
1) Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2) Demonstrate skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of dance for developing a broad range of physical fitness levels and an enhancement in sport activities.
3) Set SMART goals based on personal vision of wellness which may include: physical activity, nutrition, and positive self-image.
4) Perform various types of Latin and international dances.
5) Identify the benefits of dance and fitness.
Intro to Zumba
SMART goal setting,
Basic dance steps and origins
Fitness basics. Format of teaching.
10 minutes of core work
10 minutes of stretching
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists