Stand Up Paddle Boarding
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduction into the world of stand-up paddle boarding. Designed for all levels, teaches the fundamentals of stand-up paddle boarding with a qualified instructor. Introduces skills for proper paddling technique, safety considerations and trip planning. Participants should be comfortable in and around the water. Equipment provided.
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Safely store and transport SUP (racking, car topping, lifting, carrying and launching).
3. Perform assisted and self-rescue (get back on your board, assist others to get back on their board).
4. Utilize proper paddling techniques (forward, reverse and turning strokes).
5. Adapt to conditions (wind, current, boat wake, waves) that affect the SUP board and paddler.
Introduction to Stand UP Paddleboarding
Gear and Equipment orientation
Fundamentals of Paddle boarding
Safety and Rescue
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class.
This course will include attendance in the grading and may include written work, quizzes, journal projects and other assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists