Management Leadership in HIM
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Instructor approval based on completion of first-year HIM curriculum.
Provides an introductory survey to management principles and leadership development in the Health Information Management profession. Course emphasizes management theory, planning, organizational models, financial resources, and the interpersonal aspects of leadership and management.
1. Demonstrate management roles and change management principles in HIM.
2. Explain general management theories, tools and techniques to assist in managerial planning.
3. Identify organizational structures in Health Information services.
4. Develop rules, policies, and procedures in Health Information management.
1. Management Roles in Health Information Management
2. Change Management Principles
3. General Management Theories
4. Tools and Techniques in Managerial Planning
5. Organizational Structures in Health Information Services
6. Management of Financial Resources
7. Leadership Power and Authority
8. Communication in the Health Care Environment
9. Policies and Procedures in Health Information Management
Computer and reliable internet access.
Portable storage device (ie. usb drive).
Knowledge Is assessed through graded exams, quizzes, assignments and projects; this class requires a passing grade of 75% or better.