HIM 285 : Revenue Cycle Management
Revenue Cycle Management
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Instructor approval required based on completion of first-year HIM curriculum.
Provides an in-depth study of revenue cycle management from a multi-disciplinary approach. Includes the components of the revenue cycle across health care settings and from the facility/provider prospective versus the patient perspective. Applies knowledge, skills, and abilities accumulated in prior terms related to classification and reimbursement systems.
1. Compare and contrast components of the revenue cycle.
2. Evaluate chargemaster structure, maintenance, and compliance.
3. Evaluate fee schedule structure, maintenance, and compliance.
4. Analyze and audit claims processing, remittance, collection activities.
5. Classify and examine revenue cycle key performance indicators.
6. Evaluate coding management practices.
7. Justify Clinical Documentation Improvement programs.
8. Develop revenue cycle compliance policy and procedure.
9. Perform revenue cycle analysis.
1. Components of the revenue cycle
2. Chargemaster structure, maintenance, and compliance
3. Fee schedule structure, maintenance, and compliance
4. Claims processing, remittance, collection activities
5. Revenue cycle key performance indicators
6. Coding management practices
7. Clinical Documentation Improvement programs
8. Revenue cycle compliance policy and procedure
9. Revenue cycle analysis
Required textbook. Computer and reliable internet access. Portable storage device (ie. usb drive).
This class requires a passing grade of 75% or better.