Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Explore current operational practices of lodging operations throughout the world. Study management functions related to front office, housekeeping, marketing, reservations, maintaining customer accounts, laws affecting lodging operations and typical service problems. Go on field trips to learn about different kinds of lodging operations throughout the state.
Course learning outcomes
1. Identify the internal and external components of managing lodging operations.
2. Explain the theory of yield management as it relates to lodging operations.
3. Determine guest room availability and how to deal with overbooking situations.
4. Summarize the functional areas of lodging properties.
5. Identify careers in the lodging industry.
- Travel and Tourism
- Hotel Development
- Hotel Management and Operations
- Food Service Management
- Beverage Management
- Meetings, Conventions, and Special Events
- Recreation and Leisure
- Global Gaming and Casino Operations
- Globalization of Hospitality
Required textbook, web simulation code.