HM 230 : Lodging Management
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Explore current operational practices of lodging operations throughout the world. Study management functions related to front office, housekeeping, marketing, reservations, maintaining customer accounts, laws affecting lodging operations and typical service problems. Go on field trips to learn about different kinds of lodging operations throughout the state.
1. Identify the internal and external components of managing lodging operations.
2. Explain the theory of yield management as it relates to lodging operations.
3. Determine guest room availability and how to deal with overbooking situations.
4. Summarize the functional areas of lodging properties.
5. Identify careers in the lodging industry.
Travel and Tourism
Hotel Management and Operations
Food service Management
Meetings, Conventions, and Special Events
Recreation and Leisure
Global Gaming and Casino Operations
Globalization of Hospitality
Required textbook, web simulation code.
Grades will be determined by weekly homework, midterm exam, and final exam; may include discussion, short essays, and in-class presentation.