HM 280 : Hospitality Management Industry Internship
Hospitality Indust. Internship
Pass/No Pass grades
Contact hours total
Serves as a supervised work experience within the restaurant management / hospitality industry designed to expand career knowledge and experiential confidence while increasing knowledge, speed, timing, organization and ability to execute industry skills on a repetitive basis. Students will receive a diverse work experience that is designed on a systematic rotation of different stations that related to management functions within a restaurant or hospitality industry venue. Students can complete 100% of the experience in competencies that are relevant to the program curriculum, as it is outlined in the course syllabus and internship agreement. The internship is concluded by a final supervisor evaluation. P/NP grading.
1. Apply diligent management, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
2. Apply thorough customer service skills.
3. Demonstrate proficiency in the use of hospitality industry-specific technologies.
4. Identify and apply rigorous food safety and sanitation practices.
5. Understand and demonstrate business and financial management.
6. Demonstrate basic measuring, conversion, food costing, and yield management practices.
7. Demonstrate proficiency in the use of hospitality industry-specific communication.