HS 101 : Orientation to Human Services
Orientation to Human Services
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduces the human services profession. Helps students evaluate their fit within the human services field. Highlights self-understanding and individual compatibility with human services occupations. Emphasizes prevention, early intervention concepts and programs, significance of social justice and multicultural equity.
1. Explain the role of human service agencies within the community.
2. Utilize tools of reflection for career assessment and self-awareness.
3. Describe professional skills and attitudes necessary for effective human service workers
4. Identify the significance of social justice and multicultural equity in the practices of the human services profession.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Related Instruction/Human Relations
- Discipline Studies/Social Science