Expansion of World Religions
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
covers the world from 500 C.E. through early 1700s, focusing on the expansion of world religions, including Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Islam. Focuses on the regions of Asia, Africa, and India, and tells the story of Europe's first worldwide expansion. Looks at history from political, cultural, social, and intellectual angles using primary sources. Need not be taken in sequence.
1. Interpret the relationship between the past and the present, which takes into account social, cultural, political, and religious perspectives.
2. Analyze primary historical evidence of the medieval World.
3. Identify historical arguments found in secondary sources.
4. Construct an historical argument in a written essay.
5. Challenge shared assumptions and cultural stereotypes through discussion, written and oral means.
6. Identify the chronology and construct a narrative about the medieval World.
7. Identify geographical context of historical events in the medieval World.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Social Science
- Cultural Literacy