HST 204 : History of the Civil War
History of the Civil War
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
or to be taken with WR 121.
Examines problems of the Civil War period including politics, military leadership, troop life and activity, civilians, Native Americans, African-Americans, technology, and unique geographic challenges in order to better understand the impact of the war on the entire nation of this "brothers' war".
1.Interpret the relationship between the past and the present, taking into account social, cultural, political, and religious perspectives of North America in the U.S. Civil War era.
2. Analyze primary historical evidence from the U.S. Civil War era
3. Identify historical arguments found in secondary sources about the U.S. Civil War era
4. Construct a unique historical argument in a written essay about the U.S. Civil War era
5. Challenge shared assumptions and cultural stereotypes through discussion, written and oral, about the U.S. Civil War era
6. Identify the chronology and construct an historical narrative about a given time or place in the U.S. Civil War era.
7. Identify the geography of historical events of the U.S. Civil War era
General education/Related instruction lists
- Discipline Studies/Social Science
- Discipline Studies/Cultural Literacy