Native American History
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
or to be taken with WR 121Z.
Examines Native American (or First Peoples) lifestyles before and after contact with European settlers. With increasing demands by whites and new immigrants for land, Native Americans struggled for survival implementing various tactics to retain control of their homelands and retain their unique cultures.
Course learning outcomes
1. Develop a historical perspective by demonstrating knowledge of context and chronology.
2. Analyze primary historical evidence.
3. Identify historical arguments found in secondary sources.
4. Construct an historical argument in a written essay.
5. Challenge shared assumptions and cultural stereotypes through discussion, written and oral means.
6. Identify the chronology and construct a narrative about a given time or place.
7. Identify geographical context of historical events.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Social Science
- Cultural Literacy