HST 235 : Sexuality in 20th Century Europe
Sexuality in 20th Cent Europe
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
A survey of sexual cultures, politics, and practices in Europe, from the waning of Victorianism to the collapse of Communism and the rise of Islam. This course provides an understanding of how gender and sexuality have changed over the course of the tumultuous twentieth century.
1. Interpret the relationship between the past and the present, which takes into account social, cultural, political, and religious perspectives as it examines sexuality.
2. Analyze primary historical evidence of twentieth-century Europe.
3. Analyze historical arguments found in secondary sources.
4. Construct an historical argument in a written essay.
5. Challenge shared assumptions and cultural stereotypes through discussion, written and oral means.
6. Identify the chronology and construct a narrative about sexuality in 20th-century Europe.
7. Identify geographical context of historical events in Europe.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Discipline Studies/Social Science
- Discipline Studies/Cultural Literacy