ICH 101 : First Year Ichishkin Native Language I
1st Yr Ichishkin I
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduces the Ichishkin language of the Warm Springs (Sahaptin) people. First course of a three-term sequence of study of the Native American language, Ichishkin, at the first-year college level. The first term will introduce students to alphabet characters, sounds, and simple phrases.
1. Recognize the sound system of Ichishkin.
2. Use basic vocabulary and a variety of simple phrases.
3. Initiate and respond to simple requests for information.
4. Demonstrate the inter-relatedness of language and culture.
• Introduction to Ichiskin alphabet and phonetics
• Greetings and small conversations
• Daily routines and household activities
• Colors and clothing
• Face and body parts
• Eating and drinking
This class is an oral based learning program, and materials for this class are generated by the teacher for class handouts.
Grades will be determined by weekly homework, midterm exam, and final exam; may include in-class activities and discussion, in-class presentation, and written projects.