1st Yr Ichishkin II
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduces the Ichishkin language of the Warm Springs (Sahaptin) people. Second of a three-term sequence of study of the Native American language, Ichishkin, at the first-year college level. The second term will develop student familiarity with simple phrases and basic conversation.
1. Recognize and replicate the sound system of Ichishkin.
2. Recognize the grammatical structure of the language.
3. Express oneself in regards to one's emotional, geographic, and familial positioning.
4. Demonstrate the inter-relatedness of language and culture.
• Home and self
• Coming and Going and Doing
• Greetings and departures
• Kinship and family tree
• Locations and directions
This class is an oral based learning program, and materials for this class are generated by the teacher for class handouts.
Grades will be determined by weekly homework, midterm exam, and final exam; may include in-class activities and discussion, in-class presentations, and written projects.