1st Yr Ichishkin III
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Introduces students to the Ichishkin language of the Warm Springs (Sahaptin) people. Third of a three-term sequence of study of the Native American language, Ichishkin, at the first-year college level. The third term will focus on refining conversational skills.
Course learning outcomes
1. Recognize and reproduce the sound system of Ichishkin.
2. Use basic vocabulary and grammar to maintain simple conversations.
3. Respond to and give directions.
4. Demonstrate the inter-relatedness of language and culture.
• Intermediate kinship terms
• Location and directions
• Meal time
This class is an oral based learning program, and materials for this class are generated by the teacher for class handouts.