J 280 : Journalism Practicum
Pass/No Pass grades
Contact hours total
Community work experience in journalism (may include internships in local media). P/NP grading.
1. The Journalism student will be prepared to enter the labor force and successfully work with others because of having some supervised work experience.
2. The student will have practiced the skills and knowledge gained through classroom experience by putting them to use in a practical setting.
3. The student will be able to identify strengths and weaknesses in individual preparation through self-analysis and evaluations.
4. The student will be able to identify techniques that might be keys to successfully gaining a position, holding that position, and progressing to higher levels during a career in office work.
5. You will be able to learn competencies on the job that cannot be learned in the classroom