1st Yr Kiksht Native Lang II
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Beginning Kiksht introduces students to the Kiksht language of the Wasco people. The second term will build on student knowledge of alphabet characters, sounds, and phrases. One of the techniques used to learn the language will be Total Physical Response © (TPR) which is an adopted method used by indigenous language teachers to hear and respond to verbal commands in the target language.
Course learning outcomes
1. Be able to produce words and small phrases in simple conversation.
2. Be able to develop small lessons to teach the language
3. Be able to respond to commands in Kiksht
4. Be able to give directions to other students
5. Recall and repeat memorized phrases.
6. Recall and use basic grammar rules.