KIK 103 : First Year Kiksht Native Language III
1st Yr Kiksht Native Lang III
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Beginning Kiksht introduces students to the Kiksht language of the Wasco people. The third term will focus on developing student ability to communicate meaningful phrases in predictable and culturally appropriate settings with particular attention to introducing students to verb affixes indicating aspect and tense. One of the techniques used to learn the language will be Total Physical Response © (TPR) which is an adopted method used by indigenous language teachers to hear and respond to verbal commands in the target language.
1. Be able to produce words and small phrases in simple conversation.
2. Be able to develop small lessons to teach the language
3. Be able to respond to commands in Kiksht
4. Be able to give directions to other students
5. Recall and repeat memorized phrases.
6. Recall and use basic grammar rules.