Second Year Kiksht III
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Develops communication skills in Kiksht, the language of the Wasco people. Third course of a three-term sequence of study of the American Indian language, Kiksht, at the second-year college level. Focuses on conversational skills.
Course learning outcomes
1. Demonstrate knowledge of Kiksht morphological structure and sentence structure by describing culturally relevant practices and traditional areas of interest including the importance of family and traditional clothing.
2. Connect and share the cultural heritage, traditions, and values rooted in the language and the community.
3. Foster language preservation by helping promote Kiksht to introductory learners.
• Review greetings and courtesies
• counting and using math
• seasonal activities
• Community values and beliefs
• May also write short sentences
This class is an oral based learning program, and materials for this class are generated by the teacher for class handouts.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Cultural Literacy
- Arts and Letters