Intro to Finding Information
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Find, evaluate, and responsibly use web-based and other information resources for college-level research. Provides an introduction to information resources and research skills.
Course learning outcomes
1. Identify key services and resources within Barber Library’s physical and online environments.
2. Select a research tool appropriate to the type of information needed.
3. Use research tools.
4. Evaluate information when conducting online research.
5. Use information responsibly.
Addresses a variety of research skills appropriate for both transfer and career and technical education students, including:
- Selecting a topic,
- Navigating the library website,
- Utilizing key features of proprietary databases,
- Recognizing source characteristics, and
- Identifying the purpose of citations.
Students will be provided no-cost material in the learning management system.