LMT 140 : Pathology for Massage Therapy
Pathology for Massage Therapy
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
The effects of massage therapy on the body systems will be discussed including the indications and contraindications to massage. The basic mechanisms of the disease process and medical terminology will be reviewed.
1. Explain the basic mechanisms of the disease process.
2. Analyze signs, symptoms and predisposing risk factors of medical pathologies as they relate to massage therapy.
3. Apply critical thinking skills to recognize conditions that locally or systemically contraindicate massage therapy.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of basic medical terminology.
5. Explain how to perform a verbal and written client health history intake and evaluation.
6. Describe universal precautions for the protection of the client and therapist.
7. Explain how to communicate effectively within a professional setting in both written and oral form.
• Syllabus, overview
• Selected chapters and role paying throughout term.
• Midterm Exam
• Final exam
Massage Therapy Program Certificate and Degree require courses to be completed with a grade of "C" (75%) or higher.