LMT 155 : Eastern Theory & Practice
Eastern Theory Practice
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
This course is philosophically neutral and will focus on Chinese Medicine as the primary model which includes an introduction to eastern philosophy and its complimentary healing techniques.
1. Discuss basic Chinese Medicine Ayurvedic philosophy.
2. Discuss the history of Eastern Theory.
3. Explain Yin Yang Theory.
4. Locate 3 acupressure points, and 1 meridian on the human body.
5. Apply a basic technique of Jin Shin bodywork.
6. Demonstrate 10 basic Thai and 10 basic shiatsu massage techniques.
• Discuss syllabus
• History of Eastern Theory
• Discuss yin/yang, points and meridians
• Perform Shiatsu
• An introduction to basic Ayurvedic principles.
• Jin Shin
• Thai Massage
• Written final
Massage Therapy Program Certificate and Degree require courses to be completed with a grade of "C" (75%) or higher.